What are the possible treatments?
The selection of the treatment and the chances of pregnancy depend on the anamnesis of both partners.
- Hormone therapy in the woman
- Intrauterine insemination: the sperm are prepared in the laboratory and inserted into the uterus on the day of ovulation.
Center for Reproductive Medicine
Insemination with hormone stimulation
In addition, insemination outside the body is possible using various methods at the centers for reproductive medicine
- In vitro fertilisation (IVF)
The eggs are incubated together with the sperm.
- Intracytoplasmic sperm injection (ICSI)
A selected sperm is injected into each ovum. This method can also be used with sperm from a testicular biopsy.
- Intracytoplasmic morphologically selected sperm injection (IMSI)
This sperm is selected for injection under a high-resolution microscope according to specific structural criteria.
What is the process of artificial insemination outside the body?
- This is possible as a rule with hormone stimulation, also in the spontaneous cycle.
- The eggs are retrieved in the laboratory or in the hospital and fertilized on the same day using the selected method with the sperm of the partner.
- Optional pre-implantation genetic diagnosis: molecular genetic polar body diagnosis of the oocytes to exclude aneuploidia (maldistribution of chromosomes) using VeriSeq PGS (Illumina verifi® technology). Trophectoderm biopsies are possible from 01.09.2017.
- After 2 to 5 days, 1-3 embryos are returned into the uterus.
- Excess fertilized embryos can be frozen for later treatment and / or for another child.
|What are the possible causes?||What are the possible causes?|
|In the woman||
|In the man||
|In both partners||
Assisted Reproductive Technologies (ART)
|Analyses in men||Unfulfilled desire to have a child||Center for cryopreservation|
Locations of the centers for Reproductive Medicine
Kinderwunschzentrum Regio Basel
T +41 61 261 44 03
CARE – Centrum für Assistierte Reproduktionsmedizin
und Gynäkologische Endokrinologie, Biel
T +41 32 499 09 09
|Dr. med. Ursula Köferl Puorger|